Five Things I’ve Learned This Week or Was Reminded Of:
1) I ignore almost every single product warning label; I figure they are only there so the product’s legal department is happy.
2) When I ignore product warning labels, the outcome is my own fault and I have no one to blame.
3) Other people like to give unsolicited advice and it’s always based on their life experiences which are different from my own, so I often ignore unsolicited advice (ironic for a counselor, eh? But I only give solicited advice).
4) When I ignore other people’s unsolicited advice I may be missing out on some really sound wisdom and have to learn by my own mistakes; which could have been avoided if I wasn’t so stubborn.
5) Eating when I am not hungry, drinking when I am not thirsty, and generally enjoying the wants in life and not just the needs, is sometimes good for the soul. People shouldn’t live on needs alone. To be enjoyed, life is (as Yoda would say).
What’s on your list?