Five Things I’ve Learned This Week or Was Reminded Of:
1) Unless we are willing to do something different, the outcome will continue to be the same.
2) For many parents, the years between sixteen until the eighteenth birthday are confusing. The teens are not yet adults but have grown past those early teen stages. My advice is that with each passing year, the parenting relationship should morph into mentoring; with the parent’s directives lessening and the teen’s decision-making skills increasing.
3) Failing to nurture relationships will cause them to wilt; just a like plant that is not given water.
4) Burning the candle at both ends really does eventually lead to the candle burning out.
5) I love free things and every Monday in April was free coffee day at the Dallas/Ft. Worth Dunkin Donuts. I will miss Monday’s in April for that reason but wait, there is one more!
What’s on your list?