Five Things I’ve Learned This Week or Was Reminded Of:
1) Being a Christian doesn’t make us immune to mental illness, depression, anxiety, fear, trauma or any of the other struggles that are possibilities in this world
2) New solutions breed new problems. Example? Technology. It’s great until it doesn’t work the way we want it to
3) Texas weather is absurd and makes me crazy sometimes. Why would it be 37 degrees in April? That’s just unnatural. I have flip-flops that want to be worn
4) When a person acts in a way that is not normal for them, it is their subconscious jumping up and down, waving their hands saying “hey, over here!” We need to watch what people do and not just what they say. We could learn a lot about how they are feeling
5) Single folks shouldn’t expect an instant connection on a first date. It would be like meeting a new friend and assuming you’re best friends right there on the spot. Human connections take time to grow and become enriching to our lives. It doesn’t happen quickly (or at least it shouldn’t)
What’s on your list?