Five Things I’ve Learned This Week or Was Reminded Of:
1) Some days go by so fast and furious that I can forget to post my “weekly” blog on its usual day, Wednesday. So here you are getting it today; a day late. Yes, I am very human and forget things all the time.
2) There are times when medication for depression and/or anxiety is exactly what is needed to help the current situation. I am a big advocate of trying everything else before getting a medication consultation with a doctor or psychiatrist. But when meds are needed, they are needed and are a huge blessing to many people. If anyone judges and says that going on medication is not “trusting God,” feel free to politely inform them that the conversation is over. Allowing ourselves to continue under a heavy burden can’t be God’s heart for us; in my opinion.
3) Make a list of all the things you use to do as a couple before you got married. How many of those activities do you still do? If many have fallen off and not replaced with new ones, start making some plans to get busy. We can’t expect to feel the same if we don’t act the same.
4) If parents want to allow their children to dress up as Spiderman or a Princess and go mooch candy from the neighbors on 10/31/13, that’s their choice as parents. Yes we should be educated about the history of activities we engage in but I have seen one to many Facebook posts this week that just reeked of judgement from well-meaning people. We can share our views and leave it at that; without putting down people’s parenting.
5) Brett Favre just needs to stay retired and that’s all I have to say about that.
What’s on your list?