Five Things I’ve Learned This Week or Was Reminded Of:
1) Everyone has a story. A story of joys, disappointments, fears, overcoming obstacles, unfulfilled desires, tragedies, dreams that have come true and the list goes on and on. We should never think we have won the prize of a perfect life or the most tragic existence. It’s all relative to our individual experiences.
2) Sports are great for kids. They teach them about their own personal strengths and limitations. As parents we should welcome opportunities for our children to be stretched beyond what they think they can do; sometimes succeeding and sometimes failing. Participating in either an individual or team sport is a wonderful source of personal growth.
3) There is no one “right” way to be a Christian; although there are plenty of churches who will proclaim to have found the one and only true way to worship and walk out a life of faith. In reality (or at least my reality), there are as many ways to love God and seek after Him as there are denominations (and probably more ways to).
4) Nothing will light your fire for getting home improvement projects done like thinking about selling your house and wanting it to sell quickly so you can buy another bigger house. You suddenly have eyes to see all the projects you’ve been walking by and not noticing. Funny how when you think of strangers scrutinizing your home, it all of a sudden needs some TLC.
5) It’s a good feeling to start home improvement projects with the desire to sell and upgrade, but after looking at a few “better” houses, realize that everything you want and need is already in your sweet littler home. Being truly content in life is a wonderful gift. Side note: since the home improvement projects have been started, now I get to enjoy the final product rather than move and let strangers enjoy the fruits of my labor! Double bonus.
What’s on your list?