Five Things I’ve Learned This Week or Was Reminded Of:
1) If you watched the Video Music Awards (VMAs), were you expecting to see the cast of the Sound Of Music? No. Many things in our culture are bizarre, so let’s not complain when we voluntarily engage in watching something that will undoubtedly shock us and then act surprised when it does. (Note: if you have no idea what I am talking about, move to #2 and don’t worry about it. You didn’t miss anything of value).
2) How do we know what we were made to do in life? Our hearts hum and an excitement are both present while engaged in an activity or job. Pay attention to see where you find the most joy in any given month and you might be on track to finding your life purpose.
3) A strong connection in a relationship will drawn one another back; even if there are obstacles. A weaker connection leads to deadness in the relationship or a complete demise of the couplehood to nothingness.
4) Best quote I have read in a while: “it’s hard not to fall in love with someone when they see the mixed up parts of your soul. When they understand the darkest and dustiest corners of your mind – Author Unknown” If you have or have had someone like that in your life, you are among the rare lucky ones. If it’s current, value it above all other things.
5) It takes time to realize that we need to make changes in life. It takes time to implement a plan to make changes. It takes time to walk out that plan and it takes time to adjust when the changes do occur. Common element? Time. Don’t expect overnight differences. Sometimes just knowing where and when we want to make change is enough to get momentum going. At least get the boat pointed in the right direction to eventually reach the correct port.
What’s on your list?