Five Things I’ve Learned This Week or Was Reminded Of:
1) I want to say a big thanks to everyone who encourages me personally and to the online fans of Southlake Christian Counseling. July was the busiest month since I opened SCC! I appreciate all the referrals that former and current clients make, as well as others who are sharing my blog, Facebook and Twitter posts. Thanks for all the support! It means more to me than you know.
2) Solitude is sometimes the refreshing our souls need. It can be a real challenge to get time alone so be creative and see where you can put up walls around even thirty minutes of time alone.
3) Kids and teens need to hear often and repeatedly from the adults in their lives that they are wonderfully made, with many gifts and talents. The world tells them otherwise all the time. Let’s make sure we are filling up their confidence cup quicker than our culture can drain it.
4) I will be planning a trip to the mountains next summer. It’s hard to stay in 100 plus degree heat for extended periods of time without a break of seeing fresh blue skies and big green trees. I still love Texas but I am melting!
5) Sometimes a song just captures our emotions and current state of mind perfectly. Any song in particular come to mind for where you are today? Go listen to it. There may be some truth you need to re-hear. I have been known to keep a song on repeat until it was no longer needed.
What’s on your list?