Five Things I’ve Learned This Week or Was Reminded Of:
1) Exercise keeps old age from creeping in as strongly; even though I am a year older this week. When I don’t work out on a regular basis, I feel much older than I really am. I am amazed how painful it is to NOT work out.
2) Not all clients and therapists are a good fit for one another. Communication style, training and personality are some factors to consider when looking for a therapist. There are many of us out there and finding the right one for the client’s goals is vitally important for everyone involved.
3) Sometimes we just have to throw caution to the wind and go have an adventure in life. I had the privilege of watching a friend do this and it inspired me! What big adventure would you like to go on?
4) I love Dunkin Donuts coffee and three glazed munchkins (donut holes). I do not love the crash that comes from eating almost two whole donuts. I felt ill almost the entire day. Life lesson: enjoy what works and don’t be greedy for more, more, more 🙂
5) Air conditioning in June in Texas is a lovely addition to life. One doesn’t truly appreciate it until one goes to make the room cooler and a whole lot of nothing happens. It had stopped working! Elation it is when the A/C responds again on command.
What’s on your list?