Five Things I’ve Learned This Week or Was Reminded Of:
1) It must stink to be a college student, break your femur into a compound fracture during the NCAA March Madness tournament and on live national TV. On the other hand, I bet it sure beats having your legs blown off anonymously in a war that is no longer popular. Let’s not admire athletes more than our soldiers.
(I challenge everyone to find a member of our military and do something nice for him/her. NOT saying “thank you for your service” but actually go DO SOMETHING to show your appreciation (buying a cup of coffee is at least a starting point)
2) I am ready for the Texas summer heat (remind me I said this when I am complaining about Texas summer heat). I am tired of being cold!
3) People who insist on getting attention by being the loudest in the room are my least favorite people
4) God understands our human messiness better than anyone else could and He loves us right in the middle of our messes. Now that deserves a shout for joy!
5) It’s a great thing to surround ourselves with friends who challenge us and in doing so, make us better people
What’s on your list?